Thursday, December 6, 2007

Winter concert

Well, today was our winter concert. I'm in the school chorus (It's a long story; basically, the only reason I'm doing it despite the fact that I don't sing is because we get to go to Hershey park. I'm fairly certain that didn't pan out, though), and we did... well, okay. We really goofed up during one song, and we're talking 30 people not remembering what comes next at the same time goofed up, too.
I left before the band (in reality, the wind instruments) came on, but I did see the orchestra (stringed instruments). I don't know what to say about the song selection, it was all classical. There was one song that the guy in charge introduced as a wedding song. I found it kind of somber, so I guess it really was.
You know, I don't really like the sound of bowed instruments. It's weird, but it just doesn't sound that good to me. It's kind of... well, grating. You have to consider the fact that it was all the lame stringed instruments, too- you know, double basses (although I've seen those used to a rather positive extent), cellos, violas, that sort of thing. If you like those, fine, but I don't for some reason.

----------------
Now playing: Weezer - Buddy Holly
via FoxyTunes

No comments: