Thursday, December 6, 2007

Find the Fallacy.

Find the logical fallacy contained within the existence of the following statements:
1. God is omnipresent, omnipotent, and omnibenevolent (He knows all, controls all, and loves all, for those who find these words I use too large).
2. God has created/has allowed the creation of an eternal pit of torture, a literal and, in fact, the definition of, hell. THE hell, actually.

First person to comment with the correct answer wins... nothing, seeing as the whole thing is just rhetoric anyway.
NOTE: I'm not bashing your religion. I'm not saying your beliefs are wrong. I'm saying that the Bible, and all religious texts that make the two stated claims, should not be interpreted literally, but only as a 'moral compass,' as it were.
I just ruined any humor value this post may have had, but at least I won't have people getting all PO'd at me because I 'insulted their religion.' Unless they don't read this far, in which case they just end up looking like a jerk.

----------------
Now playing: Radiohead - Jigsaw Falling Into Place
via FoxyTunes

No comments: