Sunday, March 30, 2008

A quick word on Scientology

I'd just like to speak (type) for a moment about Scientology. I'm not going to ask for any Anonymous-style raids or anything; in fact, I recommend just ignoring it- organizations looking to take money from gullible rich people is nothing new.
The thing I'd like to say is this:
Don't attack the people, attack the organization.
Why is this? Well, my point here is that by going after people who are Scientologists, you only make things worse all around. I don't know if people have been targeting individuals per se, I haven't looked into raids themselves, but it's a very important thing.
See, here's the problem: What are Scientologists? Really, when you get down to it, they're gullible rich and/or famous people, and you don't attack people for being gullible. Instead, you mock their gullibility. You don't say "You're gullible, die!" You say "Hey, everybody, look! This is such a great example of gullibility! It's rather silly. Don't be like that."
At the very least you can (hopefully) prevent people from acting gullible- and, if you're lucky, you might even convince a gullible person to change their ways.

No comments: