Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm dissapointed in you, Mexico

Exclaim News: Mexico Declares War On Emo
I'm going to sum this up for you: Subcultures are beating up other subcultures (specifically emos) in Mexico.
This is the stupidest thing ever. They're physically attacking people for being emo. I mean, come the hell on! Just because they dress differently and listen to different music and have a different and incredibly pessimistic (Author's note- I'm not a pessimist, I'm a cynic. There's a difference- namely that I'm just as convinced 'everything is horrible' is just as bad and baseless as 'everything is wonderful) worldview. Come on, people! This is utterly ridiculous. I can't even begin to understand how someone sane would go from "I find emos annoying" to "Kill people belonging to an arbitrary social grouping!"
I blame prejudice and the mob effect- some nutjobs decide that they're going to harm people for no good reason and then the group goes along because the group is a bunch of massive sheep.
Look, I don't farking care what your opinion on emos is, they're people too, whether or not you like it. They deserve to be treated fairly. Do I even need to point out how low we've sunk when I need to make points about FARKING HIGHSCHOOL SUBCULTURES that I could make about race or sex*?

*Not that definition, you perv.

No comments: